Under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase at any point from the time of ordering until seven working days after delivery. These conditions do not affect or jeopardise your statutory rights.
If the product is returned to us, in the same condition as it was originally sent and in its original box a full refund will be issued without delay.
RETURN ITEMS TO:
Madhatter Bookshop. 122 High Street, Burford, Oxfordshire. OX18 4QJ United Kingdom.
We ship Monday to Friday with the exception of bank holidays. All stock items are dispatched within 24 - 48 hours. We will notify by email any item temporarily out of stock.
United Kingdom mainlannd shipping
Standard £4 / 3 - 5 days
Express £8/ 1 - 3 days
Europe £12.00 / 1 - 2 Weeks
Rest of the world £20.00 / 1 - 2 Weeks
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. "We", "us", "our", "company" and similar terms refer to Madhatter Bookshop Limited
2. "You", "your", "customer" and similar terms refer to the customer who is purchasing Goods from Madhatter Bookshop Limited
3. "Goods" and "items" refers to any products currently or previously offered for sale on Madhatter Bookshop Limited website.
4. "Order", "ordered" and similar terms refer to the process by the customer of selecting goods and making the necessary payment to Madhatter Bookshop Limited
5. "Website" refers to Madhatter Bookshop Limited website at www.madhatterbooks.co.uk
1. Our agreement to supply the goods to you is made on the date we dispatch the goods to the address you supplied when you ordered the goods.
2. Title in the Goods shall pass to you on the date we dispatch the Goods to the address given when you ordered the Goods.
Product Photos and Colour Swatches
1. Because colours representation in photography, printing, scanning and computer monitors can vary, the colour swatches should be used for guidance only.
2. Some product styles may have been changed slightly since the photos were taken, or may vary between different colours/finishes of the product. The photos should therefore be used as a general indication of the style and fit only.
3. If you wish to clarify any product details before ordering please contact us.
1. All prices on this website are quoted in UK Pounds. Prices include VAT where applicable but exclude postage and packaging.
2. The prices and promotions offered on the website may differ from those prices and promotions offered at the same time in our stores
3. We are under no obligation to honour any in-store price or promotion in the event that they differ from those on the website. Similarly, our stores are under no obligation to honour any website price or promotion.
4. Prices that are reduced for sales and promotions are only valid for the period specified in the promotion. If no period is specified we may alter or end the promotion and price reductions at any time without notice.
5. All "was" prices have been charged for a continuous period of 28 days in the last six months either on one of our websites or in one of our stores
6. We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, products and product specifications on the website at any time before (but not after) we accept your order.
Credit and Debit Cards
1. All credit and debit card details are taken at the time you place your order.
2. If either you or we cancel part or all of the order the relevant amount will be refunded onto your card.
3. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Delta, JCB and Solo.
4. All telephone credit and debit card payments are processed manually in our store through our card processing terminal.
5. The transaction will appear as a payment to " Madhatter Bookshop Limited“ on your card statement.
Delivery Methods and Information
Please refer to our delivery information
Out of Stock
1. We carry large stocks of the items on this website. However due to the wide range of size and colour combinations some items may be temporarily out of stock.
2. We will often send goods that are in stock straight away and send the outstanding goods as soon as we receive them from our suppliers.
3. In the unlikely event of any item being out of stock and not expected within three weeks, you will be notified by one of our customer service representatives, and given the option either to continue with the rest of your order, substitute the unavailable items with similar alternatives, or to cancel.
4. We will be happy to discuss your options when we contact you.
1. You will receive an electronic receipt by email, which included your order number. In case of any queries, you will need to quote your order number and name to one of our customer service representatives.
2. If you pay online by credit or debit card you will receive a payment confirmation email from our payment gateway that we have safely received your payment details.
1. Any item can be returned for a refund within 14 days of dispatch date.
2. Any item can be returned for exchange for a different size, colour or style within one month of the dispatch date.
3. If you have decided that you don't want the product or wish to exchange it for a different size, colour or style, postage and packing costs are your responsibility. We will only refund the price of the product.
4. Any product you return must be returned complete, in clean unworn condition, in its original packaging and with all labels still attached.
5. Any free goods supplied as part of the product purchase must be returned with the product, otherwise we may deduct the full list price of the missing items from any refund.
6. Please allow up to two weeks from us receiving your returned item for it to be processed.
7. Always return goods to us by either recorded or registered post or some other form of insured service. This is essential because we do not compensate for returned parcels lost or damaged in transit. If items you are returning are lost or damaged it is your responsibility as the sender to claim compensation from the carrier. We recommend the use of an insured delivery service.
8. Refunds for credit and debit card orders will be made to the same card as you used for your purchase. Refunds for orders paid by cheque or postal order will be made by company cheque payable to the order billing name and posted to the billing address.
9. When returning your item(s), please complete the provided return/exchange form explaining when and where your purchase was made,this will help us identify your package and process your return as quickly as possible.
10. For exchanges we do not refund your return postage cost. Please include postage to cover your area. If the error is on our part we will cover all postage costs.
Cancellations and Alterations
1. If you wish to cancel or change your order, please contact us asap.
2. Please have your order number available when you call, or include it in your email.
3. If you contact us after your order has been processed and dispatched, and all of sudden you no longer wish to purchase part/the complete order, you will need to return it to us at your own cost.
We are confident that you will be happy with our service. If anything is not right, please call contact us.
1. We take great care to ensure the information and prices on this website are accurate and current. However, no matter how carefully we check it, errors do occasionally slip through. Any errors discovered will be corrected as soon as we become aware of them.
2. If you notice any errors or inconsistencies please let us know.
3. In the unlikely event that a website error affects your order, we will contact you before we process your order to discuss the matter. If you discover any errors after we have processed your order, you are of course welcome to cancel your order and return the goods.
1. Madhatter Bookshop Limited will not make unsolicited contact with you via email, nor will we sell, rent or exchange customer information with anyone else. We share relevant information only with those parties entrusted with the processing of your account and the fulfillment of your order. We have established procedures to protect your privacy - and we uphold them vigorously.
3. We only obtain information from you when you enter it on the ordering page, and we only request the information that is required to efficiently process your order. The entries marked with a * are required to allow us to process your order, other items are optional but are useful in the event that we need to contact you about your order.
5. The only other item of information that is collected automatically is the IP address used for your current Internet connection session (this is for security and fraud prevention purposes only).
6. We only use the personal information provided for processing your current order. We will never use your email address or any other information for any other purpose.
1. This website is owned and operated by Madhatter Bookshop Limited. Unless otherwise stated all material on this website is the sole property of Madhatter Bookshop Limited. No material from this website can be used in any form or by any means without prior written permission from Madhatter Bookshop Limited. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Any unauthorized use of material appearing on this website may violate copyright, trademark or any other applicable law and could result in court proceedings.
2. Products sold by Madhatter Bookshop Limited may be subject to copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights in favour of third parties. Madhatter Bookshop Limited acknowledges those rights.
3. This website may contain links to other websites on the internet that are owned and operated by third parties. Madhatter Bookshop Limited accepts no responsibility or liability for the operation of or content located on or through any such website
4. The content of this website will be updated from time to time and changes will be made to the range of products available for purchase. Please note that your purchase of any product will be subject to availability of stock.
5. The laws of England and Wales will govern your use of this Web site.
6. If any provision of this document is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of this document and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
7. In all cases our maximum liability to you is the full purchase price you paid for the goods.
8. Nothing in this document affects your statuary rights as a consumer.